What was your biggest fashion faux pas?!

Extra point for anyone brave enough to post pictures!! :o)

For me...I grew up in the 70's...with my teen years enveloping, Olivia Newton John's "physical" look, combined with early Madonna "trashy" look, and Cyndi Lauper's, "whatever is clean will work," and Pat Benatar's "rock" style! LOL

Whodathunk...Sun-In colored hair, orangy self tanner, off the shoulder sweatshirts, tank tops, beaded forehead bands, baggy acid washed jeans WITH leg warmers, tennis shoes and a satin jacket would look "odd" 25 years later?! :o)

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 5:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I wish I had a pic - but it sounds like you've seen mine already judging from your description!! My DD11 saw a commercial for the movie "Pretty in Pink" and she was in stitches about the clothes. When I told her we all dressed like that she thought I was lying!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Photobucket

Note the stylish dress and haircut. And check out those Fab. glasses!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wore the 'big' hairdos - the highly teased do's from mid 60s to early 70s Ive got pics but cant find one right now--Ill look later.
    Jan64me

Answer by Jan64me at 5:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Mine is identical to yours. i loved bell bottoms. my daughter says she would barf is she had to wear those. they make our waist look thinner cuz they are so big at the bottom. in home ec we would at to our bells to make them even bigger. elephant bells
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 6:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I grew up 80's-90's-So can you say Big teased 80's hair Gross tight bpants or worsre herem pants up to my knees, jean jackets tight shirts and a ton of black eye liner. Attractive huh????
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wore "The Bubble" haircut. I thought it looked great. Then on graduation picture day from 9th grade, I really teased it up. Skinny girl, long narrow face, long neck, boy what a picture that way! Wish I had one to show you.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011