How do you keep the other children asleep while baby is crying at night?

All 3 of ouR bedrooms are right together and the abbay will be in my room in the beginning but will move to their own room after a couple months. My daughter will start kindergarten this year and I don't want her up in the night. The baby will be born right after she starts school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• my dd can sleep through anything, my ds crying never bothered her (and we still co-sleep)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• All 3 of mine sleep through my baby's crying and screaming. You could put something in their rooms for white noise. That might help.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 5:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My kids have never woken up because of the baby crying. They sleep right through it.
    And we kept the baby in our room until they were absolutely sleeping through the night (which was around 5-6 months for each of them). Our 6mo is still in our room even though he's been sleeping through the night since he was 3 months old. Next month he's getting a crib and moving into his 9yo brother's room.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My other kids never woke up when the baby cried. I have 5 and never had a problem with the others waking up, even the youngest who is right next door to her 2 year old brother. When she woke up and cried for the first few nights I rushed in there afraid that she was going to wake him, but she never did - even when I had to use the bathroom or throw on some clothes before I went in there.

Answer by missanc at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I nursed him when he woke during the night, so he rarely cried during the night. We also co slept, so he was in our room, away from DD. Co sleeping also allowed me to tend to him immediately after he woke, sometimes even before he fully woke up, so I'd be soothing him before he began crying a lot of the time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• if they are not in the same room you shold be fine. If anything keep a fan on or soem background noise to drown out the crying. that is what I did but we were all in the same room. and they were a year apart!
    NothinShockin

Answer by NothinShockin at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i dont know how to answer because mine always slept through the night we had to put ice on the bottom of her feet just to wake her up to nurse (dont think we were being cruel the lactation nurse told us to do this) she was premature and was vary rarely awake when we finally got to bring her home. sorry im no help.
    blessedwkrysta

Answer by blessedwkrysta at 2:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011