Would you eat a concoction that a child made to avoid hurt feelings?

My GDD decided to make me something good for my bones. She called it banana crisp and insisted that I "try it." I did and she was soooo proud of herself that she wanted to give me more! I humored her & had more, while she told me she mixed bananas, sugar & cinnamon..lol.

ThankfullyProud

Asked by ThankfullyProud at 5:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• God help me, but yes. Gulp. My son has some anxiety with eating and we see a counselor for his needs. Experimenting with food is part of the therapeutic process. So if he created a weird combination of foods - down the hatch it goes! If I want him to step outside his comfort zone and try new foods then it is only fair that I do the same.  It is also important for him to assist in the processing of planning, shopping, preparing, and cooking our meals.  What looks really great to a four year old may not look so appealing to a more mature adult pallet. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Aww that's sweet! I would certainly try it, if my nose is totally stopped up and can barely breathe LOL! only kidding, it depends what's in it. sometimes like bananas, sugar and cinnamon doesn't sound bad, but like bananas, sugar, cinnamon, hot sauce, ketchup...THAT kind of concoction.....ummmm "mommy doesn't feel good" lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes depends on what it is ........ my boy picks his nose so Idk! lol
    NothinShockin

Answer by NothinShockin at 7:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes

Answer by admckenzie at 5:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• well that's not so bad so yeah i'd try it lol but my daughter made "lemonade" out of old coke, water, dirt, leaves and rocks and thought i was going to try it lol she was so wrong
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• that doesn't sound bad actually
    This reminds me of that Full House episode where Michelle made the tuna and olive ice cream!
    I guess I'd try to get it down,but throw it away when they weren't looking!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes, thankfully my kids are 11 and 16 now and can really cook (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Depends what it is
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Depends on what it is!! My 11 year old cooked waffles for us this evening for dinner and they were good!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Cute! I would as long as I knew what was in it exactly.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011