For those who had "SURPRISE" babies?

I am pregnant with a surprise baby. We have a 5 year old daughter that we just cherish. We decided we weren't going to have anymore. I am 34 and hubby is 41. I keep saying that I know one day we will be so glad that God surprised us with this. But right now it is hard to find much positive! Can anyone give me some positives that had surprise babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• My second was a surprise, and it was difficult for me for a little while, but my little girl is the funniest, most effervescent being I have ever known! Every day she makes me laugh and smile. I don't know what I would do without her now!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It could have been twins or triplets! ;0)

All those amazing mommy baby moments you had with your first you get to experience again in a whole new way.

You first is going to have a sibling that they will earn to love and cherish.
    Anonymous

• God only gives you want you can handle. Though it may be overwhelming now, it happend for a reason and youll be thrilled. If you were not meant to have another then you wouldnt. Just how I like to look at things. Congrats!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My 22 yr old was a total surprise to me. She is my oldest and now she is grown with her own kids. She was the light of my life for so long and now were good friends and mom and daughter. We shop together, talk on the phone, hang out AND she gave me two gorgeous grandbabies I cant get enough of. I dont regret it one bit. I dont think my life would be complete without her.

My 17 yr old was also a surprise baby. We always laugh and say for whatever reason God wanted him with us. Now we couldnt imagine him not here. He is so incredibly funny and drama free naturally. When the other kids have been in moods he breaks out into something hilarious and makes us laugh. He is finishing high school soon and I am going to miss him SO MUCH when he goes to college.
    God ALWAYS has a reason.

Answer by gemgem at 5:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• all my kids were surprises. my first i had jsut gotten married and we planned on waiting for 2 years. 6 months later we were preggers. my second i had left said husband and 2 months after leaving i noticed aunt flow hadnt visited. and my current bun in the over (due in 2 weeks) he was very much planned BUT our wedding is/was supposed to be in sept 2011. and after the wedding we wanted to try for a baby. well it kinda happened backwards. and i was on birth control. go figure.

babies are great. at first with this prego i was upset and leary. but as time goes by i love my little guy more and more. my kids are my life and i love them all. with that being said i already signed the papers to be fixed when little guy is born...lol
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 5:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My oldest daughter was a surprise. I was 18 and in college and not ready to be a mom. But the good outcome of course was my baby girl, which I wouldn't trade for the world and my hubby that married me and stuck by me through the whole thing. We have a set of twins now and are about to celebrate our 10th anniversary and couldn't be happier.
    anna_mccall

Answer by anna_mccall at 5:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My 3 yr old son was a surprise. I really didn't want more then one child. I considered abortion for a few hours. I was depressed a bit in the beginning. My friend found out she was pregnant a few days before I did, and had been trying for MONTHS. She miscarried about 8-10 weeks in, and I remember crying and wondering WHY someone who wanted a baby so badly lost it, when I, who didn't want one, carried a healthy pregnancy. Over the course of my pregnancy, I began to adjust. I'm so grateful for my son now, and can't imagine life without him.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son, who is 37 now, was very much a surprise! I had broken up with a guy I was dating for quite a while. Just a few days after breakup I went out with the girls, drank too much, and slept with a guy from my childhood. We dated only a couple months before I knew I was pg. I love all 3 of my kids, tho--surprises dont make them any less yours!!!
    Jan64me

Answer by Jan64me at 5:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My DH had Rheumatic fever as a child,and was told he'd probably never father children. So, when we got married, he was perfectly happy to help me raise my two from a previous marriage. We used no protection for 5 years,and VERY unexpectedly got pregnant. My two older ones were 9 and 6! I never thought I'd have another baby. Our son was born at 10:58 pm on my 29th birthday, and if he'd of been an hour and 2 minutes later, he'd of been born on his daddy's 40th birthday. So, I have always felt that God gave him his own child, because he was such a great stepfather. And, how awesome, he waited 40 years for the child he thought he'd never have, then gets a son the day before his 40th (yep, we all have a birthday within 24 hours). That was 17 years ago, and we are very proud of all 3 of our kids! Best wishes on the birth of your little one, you are gonna be so in love with it!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Actually both of mine were suprises, we were planning on having kids but it happened a bit sooner than was planned. They are almost 5 and 3 and we have another one on the way that was actually planned this time.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011