What should i do if my baby falls and hits his head, blame on me or him??

falls,baby,blame

YaYa138

Asked by YaYa138 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• accident. it's nobody's fault unless you made him fall or something.
    stefanierios

Answer by stefanierios at 6:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• The answer is who was responsible?? If you child was left in a unsafe situation, then be more observative where and what is in his area. Babies fall all the time and it is just due to trying to learn how to walk, cruise, backwalk, etc.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Well I definitely wouldn't be blaming the baby, and no reason to blame yourself either. Was it your fault? Perhaps, but blaming yourself only causes unneeded stress. Then your baby senses the stress and THEY stress out. By the time it's over with, you feel bad and your baby is upset. So who cares, just get past it if he's not hurt :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• BTW I'm not saying it *WAS* your fault because I don't know the situation. I'm just saying that even if it was, it's nothing to stress over. Crap happens!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Why try to place blame at all? Especially when one of the people is a baby? Do you really think he did something reckless that put himself in danger? Do you believe that you would endanger him deliberately?

As long as you do your best to keep him safe while still letting him explore, learn, and grow, try not to worry about the bumps and bruises that life brings.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• What should you do? Make sure his puplis are both the same size, make sure he is not vomiting, apply an ice pack to any lump that pops up and if he goes to sleep or seems very groggy them get him to an ER to be checked for a concussion. Kids fall all the time. You have to be aware of what he hit his head on and WHERE on the head he hit it. The temple is a bad area to get a bump on so is the bridge of the nose, and behind the ears and back of head.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Why does it matter who's fault it is?
    ellaura

Answer by ellaura at 7:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My guess is you are wondering what to tell the doctor or someone else if they see the bump cause your like me and worried about people reporting it or something and my Doc said things happen and they don't worry about bumps and bruises as long as there are no like hand prints or bruising or anything on his backside because then they have to question how it happened don't worry my son was crawling and bumped his head and I freaked because I thought the doc was gonna think I did something but she didn't even notice it.
    cristyanne

Answer by cristyanne at 8:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Eh... when my daughter was a newborn (talking the first two weeks of life here), I'd fall asleep sitting in a rocking-type chair and she'd fall out of my arms and onto the hard wood floor. It'd make her cry, but she was fine. Babies fall. We try our best to keep them safe, but accidents happen. And you certainly shouldn't be "blaming" anyone.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I hope that only happend once creative...lol...you make it sound like it was a daily thing!!
    Yes I agree, don't blame no one...unless you pushed him..lol...crap happens. One time my 4 month old son at the time was on the doctors table and I was blocking him with my arm and he rolled right over it and onto the floor!! Good thing we was at the doctors!!
    WifeandMotherof

Answer by WifeandMotherof at 11:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2008