Domesticated

I know my SO might see me differently as a person now that I'm a mother, but I wonder if I'm a completely different person to him now, from when we first met. Anyone wonder that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Yep, I wonder that often. I'm "mommy-fied", as I call it, but I just can't help it! My world revolves around our son. Everything else comes last. I used to always fix myself up, not anything "fancy", but I always looked nice. Now it's like-- ponytail (b/c the kid looooves to pull my hair!), comfy clothes, and usually no makeup. (I'm a SAHM) I know that my husband has a deeper love for me now, I mean, I "grew" (lol), gave birth to, and am now raising his son. But I often wonder if he misses the "old" me... The one who wasn't sleep-deprived & "mommy-fied".
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I've asked my husband this question. He says that basically he does see me as the same person but the longer we are together he gets to understand me better and see different depths to me that he couldn't see in the beginning. He says the more he gets to know about me, the more he loves about me.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• You do change when you have a child,you maternal instincts kick in and you become someone that before you never were,as long as he loves you the same it dont matter he should still appreciate you and love you even more for being a good mother to his child.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 2:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I think sometimes my husband looks at me like that; he'll say something like "I would love to come home and find you in high heels and nothing else" and I remind him that we have a child now; ;we aren't non-parents anymore. My world revolves around my son; I don't care if my clothes are old just as long as he has everything that he needs. We all get to this point in our lives when we have kids. It's the way it should be.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008