My period is late...I'm on the pill and I'm fairly new to it so...

I just started taking the pill in October...

November my period came on the second placebo.

December my period came on the second placebo.

This month though I'm on my 3rd placebo and it hasn't started yet. I felt like it was coming but it hasn't. I'm cramping and gassy but nothing.

I'm freaking out, is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• it really depends on the birth control. my sister had the shot and the other sister took the pills. the sister thatt took the shot made her period so normal. my sister that took the pills her period wasnt regualr for three months.
    chelsealynn101

Answer by chelsealynn101 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• As long as you didn't skip any, miss any, or take any late, you are likely ok. I had that happen a few times. And depending on the pill, it can be so light you aren't even really aware it's there till it's over. I'm not going to say 100% that you are not pregnant, but if you took it on time every day, I'd say you are probably safe.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 5:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It could happen....if you dont get it within a few days then take a test. but it can happen nothing is completely perfect, you could have been sick or had more stress this month and that can make you a little late.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011