What do you think is the difference between loving someone and being in love?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh there is a BIG difference!! When you love someone, you can commit to them alone, you can stay with them, you can even have their kids,and have a happy marriage! The feelings are genuine enough and maybe , depending on how sensitive a person you are, it might never even occur to you that you were NOT in love. Then again when you are IN LOVE with someone, that love can overcome all obstacles, you thank God every day , maybe even many times a day that you found each other. You do anything for that person, or with them. That love is a deep ache in your heart and soul. You even find yourself overflowing with that love each time you look into the eyes of his and your children--knowing that God put the two of you here on this earth to be together. And if you are one of the lucky people to have this kind of love- cherish it- mine was killed in a car accident before our daughter was born. I still love him ---
    Jan64me

Answer by Jan64me at 6:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• They are very close when applied with respect. If love is real love than being in love is the same as just -love, the word is the true meaning of God's name.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• To me personally.

There is no difference.. .Love is an action. The reason why people "feel in love" with someone is due to actions on their part and the other person's part. Both are a choice. Once can choose to love, one can choose to incite/cultivate/create in love feelings.. Both are created by choice and action. A couple is just as "in love" as they choose to be. Any relationship that contains and is based on love, can be as wildly and passionate "in love" as the 2 people in that relationship want to be. If someone is "in love" but they do not actually feel love or they lose  the feeling of "being in love" and feel that there is no "love" left.. That is usually  infatuation and/or lust. Not love.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• To me being in love is a feeling and loving someone is more of a commitment to anothers well being.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I can't really explain it..but to me theres a big difference. I will always Love my oldest sons father..and he will always have apart of my heart but I am not IN love with him. I love and am IN love with my fiance. being in love is more of the action of loving someone, its the commitment,respect, the trust, the flutterin of ur heart..all the stuff people associate with love and then acting upoun that..by showing affection, fedelity and such.

You can Love someone and never act it..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• someone told me one time that if you truely love someone, smell their arm pits, if you snub your nose and make a nasty face, its not true. But if you like or dont mind the smell....ITS TRUE LOVE!!!! lmao
    aromo61009

Answer by aromo61009 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011