possible to go back to school?

okay, i would love to go to college and become a preschool or kindergarten teacher. right now i am out of work and return in may. i have a husband who works like crazy, even at night, so i'm thinking i would have to do online colleges, because i wouldn't be able to do night classes since i wouldn't have anyone to watch my 4, 2 and 1 year old sons. but i am clueless where to begin. are online colleges actually good? can you get a degree from them and actually get a teaching job? does anyone know if they are if there is anyway of getting assistance on the cost? and are they expensive?

i am clueless where to begin and just keep getting confused when i look online!!!

sleepymamaof3

Asked by sleepymamaof3 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would look into a local college or university and they have online courses. You may have to attend classes on campus but you can take a lot on line. I wouldn't use a primarily online type school b.c they aren't accredited and those credits can't go with you if u want to go back to school. I wish you luck and yes there is always a way to get assistance with our tuition.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011