how do you sneek veggies into your kids?

my kids have recently become picky about their veggies. so i have to get creative. getting the veggie smart sketty sauce. 1/2 a cup is a full serving of veggies! and also fruit juice that has veggies in it. my ds (3 yrs) love his white grape strawberry juice. little does he know it is also made with carrots! how do you get your kids to have extra veggies?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 5:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My DD likes beef pot roast, beef stew, and chicken fajitas which all have vegies in the dishes, but I guess my DD was weird when she was a toddler because she liked vegies.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 5:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sorry don't have that problem! She actually asks for veggies. I hope that you can get some good help.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My kids do eat their veggies, but I also add them to food just to make sure we get all they need.
    I puree squash, carrots and zucchini into spaghetti sauce and chili
    I add squash to mac and cheese
    I add zucchini to muffins
    It is mostly if I can add the same color vegetable to a meal then I add it, I figure it is good for all of us.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My kids love to dip the baby carrots in ranch. And mine are for the most part pretty good about eating veggies.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• smoothies. I've put carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, red peppers, kale, spinach, squash and broccoli sprouts in a various smooties. just be sure to use banana in with the stronger or more bitter tasting veggies.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• puree cauliflower and make scrambled eggs with it. they will never know the difference.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 6:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have pureed sweet pototaoes before and dipped chicken pieces in it and then dip them in bread crumbs and baked them for chicken nuggets, that went over pretty well. If I make a sauce I sneak veggies in it and I use V8 low sodium for the base of pot roast. My daughter loves pot pie and likes the veggies in it.
    mkula

Answer by mkula at 7:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Mash cauliflower with potatoes. Veggies in mac and cheese, spaghetti, meatloaf, meatballs. Zucchini or spinach in brownies or chocolate cake. My neighbor makes an amazing chocolate zucchini bread!!! All kinds of veggies can be put in spaghetti sauce and simmered until they cook down.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011