PPD

Is it possible to have ppd towards your husband rather than your newborn I am absolutely overwhelmed...my husband works all night and sleeps all day so I have no one who contributes with my newborn during the day but me...I know he wants to help but he is tired all of the time and as a first time mom I could really use the help...but then I sit down and think about it there is nothing he really can do since I am breast feeding but it would be nice if he could change a diaper every now and again...he only takes him when he is sleeping so that I can take a shower and as soon as he wakes up he is rushing me to grab him so that he can go back to sleep...i dnt resent my newborn but I am always so angry at my husband does this have to do with ppd should i consult with my ob...I cant really change how much hubby contributes since he is the only one working and paying the bills he needs his rest during the day to work at night...I feel so alone

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, call your doctor. In the meantime, take a 20 minute walk around the block everyday. The fresh air and light activity will do wonders for your depression. Also my midwife recommended a B Complex vitamin, which boosts mood and is safe while breastfeeding.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• PPD isn't TOWARDS anyone. It's depression that occurs after childbirth. So, yes, it is.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have had PPD twice. Feeling of being overwhelmed and being resentful are symptoms of PPD. I would consult your doctor before things get to out of hand. If you get help early then it can lessen the severity of the depression. GL!!
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2011