So now Obama wants us to be competitive, I guess the hope ran out...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110126/ap_on_re_us/us_obama

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmm, I guess Obama doesn't know me or dh very well...especially me...I can be very very competitive...just ask my competitors!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wonder if he'll still feel that way once he OFFICIALLY hits the re-election campaign trail!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't get what you're trying to imply here. When has he ever said that we shouldn't be competitive, and what does that have to do with being hopeless?

He stated what we've known for a while.  The U.S. has lost its competitive edge, and hasn't had it for a while now.  We've been losing ground on all fronts--education, manufacturing, innovation, health care, etc.  That's not news.  That's been the case for years and years.  So. . . he's saying that we need to step up our efforts.  Is that a bad thing?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 6:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't understand the implication either. Of COURSE we should be competitive AND hope for a better tomorrow....right?? Oh wait, I get it, you hate Obama and will look for ANY excuse to cut him down...silly me.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No thats not a bad thing .....but every thing on here seems to be us against them i am neither us or them I just want a better country than it has been in about 10or 15 years its sad
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm saying that his hope rhetoric is getting old so now he's moved on to being competitive. Funny how he's not offering solutions, just speeches.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Is it the president's job to make precise blueprints for how we achieve success? If he did that, then you'd be accusing him of being a dictator. I don't see any change in direction--he even mentions hope in the article you linked. He's addressed the problems this country is facing, and how some companies are showing initiative. He was pretty specific in the article I read--the one you linked. Maybe it showed up differently on my screen?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Boy, nothing can make you happy!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Boy, nothing can make you happy!

***

Au contraire!! You all know what would make me happy!!

wink

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Au contraire!! You all know what would make me happy!!

A tomato enema?

Anonymous