Will you censor yourself more on FB now?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110126/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_facebook_ads

Advertisers can use your posts and you can't opt out.  I wonder how many people will opt out of FB all together?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Technology

• Its doubtful they will opt out of FB all together because the only way they can do this is if you use the check in app... so if you don't "check in" places then they're not getting anything off your page. I think that app is ridiculous to begin with, but if were concerned about your posts being used then all you would have to do is block the "check in" app.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't understand...check into a store? I'm not an idiot, but what does that mean?
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• there's a new app on facebook that allows you to tell other users where you are. And its displayed as "so and so checked in at walmart" or something like that. I think its creepy and a stupid app but I know where one of my friends is 24 hours a day because of it lol.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh! I get it. Duh! That is totally stupid.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• They can use the fact that you "checked in" or that you "liked" them. They can not use your status update posts.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yEA THAT SOUNDS REAL SAFE
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That's stupid. I rarely do more on FB than check my messages/friend invites (like once a month) and update my status from my phone ("Class was boring," "Grr, think I have another stomach bug," etc., never info on where I am or anything like that). FB annoys me a little anyway (with all the stupid invites for all the games and crap).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't put anything on my FB account that would really benefit anyone - As long as you use the same basic internet common sense on FB that you would anywhere else on the internet, you should be fine!
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 3:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i dont even bother with fb anymore
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2011