Christmas card place mats

I have been saving Christmas card for a few years. I would like to make my step mom place mats because she loves Christmas cards. She is 80 yrs old and she would be tickled. i bought clear contact paper but I am not sure how to do it without is messing up. also i need idea's for the back besides more cards. thanks

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 6:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Such a great idea. You could use red or green 12x18 card stock paper. You can buy it at the office supply store.
    It would be fun to cut the cards in circles or squares. I would use double sided tape to adhere to the card stock.
    Lay them out so they overlap a little so you don't see the card stock. You can take them to the office supply store and have them run thru the laminator. It would give them stability and they will stay like new for a long time.
    You could do the same things with birthday cards, Valentine cards, Easter and the list goes on and on.
    Such a sweet thing for you to do for Step Mom!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thank you
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• As the first poster notes - laminate, great idea!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• ok
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011