Should I be concerned?

My 4 year old boy like to kiss his brother. He thinks it is funny, and my 5 yrold says you kiss girls not boys! and have heard he like to kiss n hug on boys at school. Does he just love his brother? they are 1 yr apart. he also like to kiss girls and me... is he just overly affectionate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That just reminds me of the sweetest little boy in my son's kindergarten class. His brother is in first grade and every morning they kiss each other good bye at the door. When the kindergarten class is going somewhere and his brother's class is out they run up and hug and kiss each other. I think it is so sweet! But you do have to tell him that the rule is 'no kissing the other kids at school'.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• He may just be overly affectionate. He may just love his brother. I wouldn't worry about it too much but I would let him know that some people may take that the wrong way. Let him know that in certin places a little more discretion (less affection).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My 3yr ds kisses everyone. I think it is sweet and he will probably grow out of it. But for now it's cute... Don't worry :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sounds like he is just very affectionate. I wouldn't worry.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thanks! I think it's sweet too! I want them to be loving.... That really eases my mind! ty allot!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ohhh that is sweet, let him be loving it is that beautiful thing called innocence! But slowly try to teach him that sometimes ppl don't want to be touched, maybe he can come up with different ways to show his love for other:-)
    Actress-mom81

Answer by Actress-mom81 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• He's just four! He's being four. I agree, tell him there is no kissing at school, but let him be his sweet little self. My daugher is three and kisses and hugs everyone!!
    EllianasMama

Answer by EllianasMama at 1:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2011