the birth control patch

Have anyone used the patch before? I'm getting it next month. Is there something you liked or didn't like about the patch did any of u get pregnant while using it?

ms.keisha17

Asked by ms.keisha17 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• The best thing about the Patch is my amazing 6 year old son! I was using the Patch and got pregnant with him after about 3 months on it. You have to be very careful with it, where you put it, and make sure it never bunches or rolls up. I have been on the pill ever since and would never go back to the patch.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I hated it. It was messy. Anywhere I would put it, it would start sliding slowly on my skin and by the time I had to change it, it had moved and I had that sticky stuff left on my skin and half the patch would be hanging off. Well, maybe not half, but close. It may have just been me, or where I was trying to wear it. I switched after a few months!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ok thanks rite now I'm.on.depo and it make my have too many head aches
    ms.keisha17

Comment by ms.keisha17 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I LOVED the patch!! I was on it for 2 yrs and had no pregnancies and no side effects!! It was the ONLY form of bc that I had no problems w/!! W/ the pill I gained weight, lost hair, had headaches and tummy aches, mood swings, etc. The ring came out and was uncomfortable during sex, for me anyway. I always put the patch on my back shoulder blades, and just alternated between the 2, and it never came off!! I hope it works for you as well as it did for me!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 6:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I didn't like the patch. I got skin rashes, it would leave sticky rings when I had to move it, and I conceived on it. Granted my son is the best thing that ever happened to me, but I was on birth control for a reason.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• For the ones who got pregnant while on the patch how did that happen? Did Yall for get to change it or it just happen cause my husband n i don't use condoms unless we have to and if I were to get pregnant then that'll be ok.
    ms.keisha17

Comment by ms.keisha17 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011