The medical costs are going to go up, and you can't keep your plan if you like it.

Do you agree with this fox news hosted AP article? Please feel free to google if you prefer a different source. It's my baking day and I'm in between snickerdoodles, crackers, and crumpets.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 6:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Get outta town!! Are you kidding me???!!! Oh yeah....can I say I TOLD YOU SO!?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• LOL...This video says it ALL! :o)

LINK

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Where my dh works family coverage ins. is $600 a month and he only brings home $1200 a month. The reason it's so high....the hospitals around here a freakin out of this world. I went to the er a year ago because I was running a high fever and couldn't breath. It was late at night and I couldn't wait until morning. I was given a breathing treatment, some cough syrup, and a Dr telling me I had bronchitis.  I was there no more than 45 minutes and my bill was over $1200.  I had no xrays nothing just a breathing treatment.  This is rediculous.  Now I have to put my kids on gov. ins. which I hate but I'd rather that than none at all.  I have a feeling it's gonna get worse though. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i would like to keep mine...it's only $198 a month for our whole family...and i like it. covers the majority of the bills
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie. I am on my way to your house. And yes, I agree with the article.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You can't keep it, if your provider doesn't offer your plan any more… (Which is what happened to us.)

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• our insurance has gone up every year, even before all this hullabaloo about HCR, What we get for our $$ goes down, deductible and out of pocket share are now up to $3000 per person (from $1000 three years ago) and I am paying $45 more per pay period. So show me something new and interesting.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 7:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Lovin, your title describes every benefits package I've EVER had in my life, public and private sector both. Employers have always changed the playing field and it's always been too expensive to buy individually. I think the "you can't keep your plan" argument is disengenuous for most of the American public as many of us DON'T get to keep it long anyway. And decisions between you and your doc? Heh. Yeah, if the insurance underwriters have OK'd it.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Some of the plans people DO like don't meet the expectations of Obama's plan, and his plan is supposed to hold off increasing medical prices. It doesn't do this, according to the article.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• "Some of the plans people DO like don't meet the expectations of Obama's plan, and his plan is supposed to hold off increasing medical prices. It doesn't do this, according to the article. "

I know. **shrug** More of the same, really, with or without health care reform. I see no changes to anything I've dealt with over the past 20 years. I've had plans I liked... and they got taken away by my employer in the name of cost cutting. So now I have a plan I don't like... but it's the lesser of the evils I had to choose from.

Sorry, I've just never bought the argument about plans one likes.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011