Has anyone ever had an ultrasound done in their early weeks of pregnancy but the doctors didnt see anything on the ultrasound and wanted to perform a D&C because of the bleeding and hcg levels are not doubling like they are should but they are going uo higher

sunshine6384

Asked by sunshine6384 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had an ultrasound early and did not see the sac or baby....but I had no other issues.

I would most defiantly want a second opinion before let them preform a D&C
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would def get a second opinion. Sounds like they are just jumping to conclusions.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had a miscarriage at almost 8 weeks, got sent home and I very nearly hemorrhaged to death. So, on top of the trauma and depression of the miscarriage, I had to deal with going back to the ER to get a D&C.

Personally, I would have been grateful if the ER doctor had recommended a D&C immediately at the first visit, when he told me that I had miscarried, since it would have save me the additional terrifying and traumatic experience that came after he sent me home. If your doctor is advising you to get one, and there is no heartbeat, and your hCG levels are not increasing, I would say, do it.

And I am very sorry for your loss.
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was nine weeks pregnant when I had a U/S due to the doctors not finding a heartbeat. Had a D&C the following week .
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i was 12 weeks when i lost my little one. they knew the baby was there because they could see it. however, there was no hearbeat:( i would totally get a second opinion they dont sound to sure of themselves......i also did have a d & c because they told me that the baby could possibly not deliver for up to two weeks away. i hate to sound harsh but i could not emotionally deal with that on top of everything else!! good luck hon!
    cl1998

Answer by cl1998 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would give it til8 weeks and c how it goes. Many women don't even know they miscarry so I don't c the need for a d n c.
    Ebuttens

Answer by Ebuttens at 2:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2011