Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how do you feel about this.... adult content

my dh has been daddy to my kids for 3 years well youngest ds bio is now paying childsupport and will soon be intoducing himself to ds...well here is the problem bio was court ordered to pay over 7000 in back support well i dont feel he is obligated to pay it since MY DH made the choice to not ALLOW bio in sons life i finally put my foot down and said no he has a right to his child yada yada so today i tell dh that i am going to go back into court to have the back support relinquished & he said no F*C* that if i have to pay by back support so should he well i have an issue with that since dh asked me to write his ex wife and see if she would do the same since he is trying to take care of our family.....I am not greedy and why make it harder for my sons bio to take care of his other kids he does pay hs support but only the current so y make it harder on him?? am i wrong for wanting to do this for bio and his family?


Asked by hiswifey0725 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 10 (492 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I can see where you are coming from with this. Since I am in the same situation kinda. If you and ur husband made the choice to not accept childsupport from your ex for ur son..then it would be ridiculous to just want it now. that just seems wrong to change ur mind all of a sudden. I would go to court and refuse to take the back child support BUT continue to recieve the current. I think thats a responsible choice. As for ur Husband being all pissy about it..remind him that Yall made the decision to NOT take the money and have the ex in the sons life. but u arent wrong..your actually a very thoughtful and concerned person..evne for an ex. am refusing child support from my boyfriend. we live in seperate households currently because of a bad situation..long story and I know he can barely take care of his kids as is and I don't want to make it harder on him. I love him and his kids from his last marriage. he does what he can

    Answer by SweetPoison at 7:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • Take the back support and put it in a savings account for your child. That way it will benefit him later in life.

    Answer by layh41407 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • ^^^^I agree^^^^

    Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • I agree with layh, take it and put it towards ds college fund. It is not over and above what bio should have been paying all along.

    Answer by parajumper3 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • I also think it would be smart to put it towards a college fun for your child. He shouldn't have a problem with that, and he should have been paying all along. YOUR CHILD is entitled to that many, it's not yours to relinquish. I understand that you don't want to make his life harder, and think you are very well intentioned, but I do think your son deserves the child support the court has awarded to him.

    Answer by ohwrite at 7:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • No i think you are acting like everyone should THANK-YOU

    Answer by peace013 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • Your child's biological father is obligated to pay what is owed. Period. That's how I see it.
    I do think your DH is being a little selfish though. Seeing as your DH is allowing his ex off the hook, but he wants your son's dad to pay. I think he's trying to get extra income from your son's father without having to force his ex to do the same. A little shady and selfish to me. However, I do think that ALL biological parents should be required to pay as long as they still have legal rights to their child.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • My ex owes back child support from when he wasn't in my dd's life. That was his choice and he needs to pay for the time that I paid for everything by my self. Same with your ex, it is his son and he could have come around anytime. He didn't and he needs to pay the back child support. If you don't want it, put it in an interest earning savings account and give it to him when he gets married or something. It is really your son's money and when you think of it that way, you don't have the right to turn it down.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • i dunno how to answer.

    Answer by blessedwkrysta at 1:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011