What to take for lunch for 11 to 12 women?

I have to take lunch to a meeting tomorrow. I'll be at work until time to go, so I won't have time for doing much last minute preparation. I can call something in and pick it up on my way, or I can make something and take it. I'm thinking I might make a sandwich tray and bring chips or some kind of salad and a dessert, but I'm open for more creative suggestions.

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I agree about the sub sandwich. If it's a casual meal, you can always make sloppy joes or bbq beef or pork in the crockpot, and some chips or even a nice salad to go with it. Then all you have to do is plug it in at work in the morning, and take some buns......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You can get one of those long sandwiches from subway if you have one near you. You have to call ahead to order it though.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree with above. Jersy Mikes subs does a nice party tray of subs and they have great cookies - and you could order a jug of tea from them too!
    givitup

Answer by givitup at 6:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well there is always pizza or maybe wings. Maybe a fruit or veggie tray from wal-mart.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• hmm.. im thinking maybe you do a taco tray kinda thing?

just mix up a bunch of taco meat before..throw it in a crock pot. then pack some cheese, lettuces, soft shells, tomatoes and sour cream and salsa and bring that. you can plug the crock pot in and heat it up so its ready..then maybe bring some cookies from the store as dessert!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Panda Express, not sure of the cost but I know they do offer large orders.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Chili or soup in a crockpot? Cream of potato. Have cornbread or Italian bread with it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thanks! I'll keep these ideas in mind for next time. I just ended up making my own sandwich tray and buying chips, dips, carrot sticks, and ice cream. The meeting is across town so I really won't have much set up time.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 7:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2011