ok so im weeks 5 days preganant is it too soon to start shopping for little things

neutral colored clothes, baby clothes things likr that?

larrieshayamini

Asked by larrieshayamini at 7:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no not too early. SHOP AWAY!
    I got my son (7 years ago) a sleeper within a week of finding out I was pregant. (it was a birthday present for the (then) husband. He didn't know I was pregnant and thats how I told him).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yess..you never know what will happen..no offense. if its ur first wait till about 12 weeks till ur outta the miscarriage window..then shop. and that also goes for telling people besides immediate family (husband and maybe ur parents and close friends)
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was like you-- I was very excited when I first found out that I was pregnant, especially since it took us 2 years to get pregnant. I went out right away and purchased a set of yellow bibs. That pregnancy went well, and we now have a healthy 16 month old baby.

The second time I got pregnant, I was again very excited. We were about to buy a double stroller when I miscarried at 6 weeks. I was devastated.

If you'd like to purchase a little something, I think that's perfectly appropriate. However, I recommend waiting until you're farther along for bigger items.

Congrats, and I hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 7:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thank you. no i was waiting to find out the sex of the baby to get bigger things. im just thinking on the terms of recieving blankets things like that.
    larrieshayamini

Comment by larrieshayamini (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think if you want to go buy something for your baby, you go right on ahead!  I never buy anything until I learn what sex the baby is but to each their own.  I think it's a good idea, actually.  It's an exciting time, enjoy it!  And good luck new mama!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• just don't get to many neutral stuff because when you do find out what it is your going to want to shop away again.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes if were you i would start shopping after you're out of the danger zone no offense.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Personally I would wait until the start of the second trimester.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm 7.5 Months along and haven't started shopping yet. Still in a state of caution, I suppose... Good Luck!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have been shopping since I was 4 weeks. I am a teen mom and have to buy as I can. If I start early then I mayb done by the bday. U could always hold on to neutral clothes too. Or give as gifts. Not being cold thought....good luck
    Ebuttens

Answer by Ebuttens at 2:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2011