Anyone have a hermit crab?

Are they hard to care for? Do you need a heat source for them? Anything I should know before getting one?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 7:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pets

• I used to have them as a child... indoors is usually warm enought o not need an extra heat source, if your house is cold, snag a heating stone... they are easy and cheap to take care of!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No, but you could probably find tons of books or websites on them. They look like neat little critters.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yucky to me,,,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would not recommend this pet for small kids to handle without an adult. They have a tendency to pinch. I had one draw blood..
    Other than that..we had some for about a year. We took bets how long they would live. I think they neat to watch at someone else's house, but unless you want a yuck smell in the house..you have to change their cage often. U are better off with a guinea pig. :)
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 1:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2011