I might be having a miscarriage based on the facts but the Drs. said there is still a chance it may just be too early....Can anyone help me out?

I started my period this month normally like the passed two months. At first I noticed it was a little heavy and then I started thinking well day 8, day 9 this doesn't feel so right. So on January 23rd I decided to go into the e.r. to get checked out to see if I was ok. At first I was thinking everything was gonna be like a regular visit. Get checked in get blood taken, have an ultrasound to check the cysts blah blah blah blah blah. But this time it was different the ultrasound tech came over introduced himself and told me" We're are just gonna do a regular ultrasound to see how everything is working since your test came back positive!" At first I thought I had misunderstood what he was saying but then it got translated into my brain lol. He says "Yeah your pregnancy test came back positive." And that's where he lost me ;) So we go into the ultrasound room and just as he was gonna start checking my belly the machine goes down! I was like "god are you kidding me lol!" So we move rooms and finally get going but the sad part was I was really excited not knowing what was happening. He didn't find a sac but he gave me lots of hope saying " Don't worry it can be too early to even see anything just give it some time." Then I had a physical pelvic exam and the Dr. told me the same thing. My HCG level was at 180 on the 23rd and I have to wait and see until the Feb 1st to get rechecked for my levels and that day just happens to be my daddy 6 year date since he passed away. And the day I found out I was preggo marks the same date I found out I was preggo with baby #1 two years ago but back to the whole thing why I went to the e.r. I was bleeding not so bad but enough to make me think twice. So I would really love if someone has been through this to speak up to me and if you're not afraid to share please do so. I'm kinda sad because they said if the numbers don't go up it's because the baby already took it's course but I have strong faith and whatever happens happens. It's all in Gods plans.

ABRAMSMAMI

Asked by ABRAMSMAMI at 7:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have patience, just wait. I know that is hard, but it's what you have to do. Relax, stay as calm as you can. Yes, I went through a similar thing. Good luck in whatever happens.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You can have bleeding, even heavier bleeding with a healthy pregnancy. Sometimes, the way the placenta has attached will cause blood to pool and "bleed."

Considering your'e only 5 weeks pregnant, 180 seems like a good Hcg number. i think my hcg level was 187 with my first at 5.5 weeks., and he's a healthy 16 month old.

The big thing is that the numbers keep going up. So getting that second test is very important. The number should double ever 72 hours, so as long as your numbers are going up, that's a good sign!

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 7:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you go through more than 3 or 4 pads an hour it could be a miscarriage, I have a freind who went through this she was actually bleeding through her clothes & in some pain Iw ouldnt be to worried if its just light bleeding good luck
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i had bleeding, outside scanned, told 100% placenta previa, given very poor odds
    i have a beautiful three yr old girl
    too early to know, keep faith strong
    saying prayer for you and your baby
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Im having the same problem, because i went to the ER on jan 13 because i was bleeding but not heavy and no pain and they did a ultrasound but didnt see anything because he said it was early and my hcg levels were 300 and told me to come back on the 16 and on the 16 it was 718 and he said that it was a good sign and to follow up with the doctor. I went to my doctor on the 19th and hcg levels was 1389 he said to come back on the 24th to check my levels and because they cant tell anything. so today I started back bleeding and went back to the ER they did another ultrasound and didnt see anything the doctor wanted to do a D&C but the RN told me i should wait and go to my doctor friday to check my levels and that freak me out because the the doctor wanted to do a D&C but the RN told me i should wait to do the D&C so im going to wait it out and get a second advice.
    sunshine6384

Answer by sunshine6384 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Actually, on Nov 23, '10 i was 2 mths pregnant i took a nap around 3 o'clock i woke up in a pool of blood. I dressed went to the E.R got all the test done i had a Sonogram done n they couldn't find the sac she told me not to worry but being a mom already i got the instinct that something was wrong and i was right a few minutes later the Dr came in and told me my baby didn't make it.It was the most awful news i had ever received in my life. now inn your case it might be different and i hope you get some good news,now m trying for another one i have all my faith in God that i will have a bundle of joy b4 the year is over good luck and God bless you.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• like most of the women posting i went through something similiar. sometimes the docs are wrong, i will deffiantly say a prayer for you tonight. wishing you the best ((((hugs))))
    cl1998

Answer by cl1998 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well I bled heavily last Thursday right after work ladies and honestly I DON'T think the baby made it through all that. I soon after took a home pregnancy test and it came back NEGATIVE! I felt so sad thinking maybe no the test didn't work or this or that but in my heart I knew it was over. After two and 1/2 years of trying and finally by accident I lost my chance. I know everything happens for a reason but this really sucks! It really hit me last night and I cried with my hubby all night and he knows there's nothing he can do but hold me tight while I continue to cry. But tomorrow I get to go see the Dr. to figure out what I can do about trying again. I want to find out atleast if I no longer have HCG left in my bloodstream. I do wanna wait until my next cycle but I want to be 100% sure what he says tomorrow. I'll repost tomorrow with any updates I get. THANK YOU ALL THAT RESPONDED IT REALLY DID COMFORT ME. ;)
    ABRAMSMAMI

Comment by ABRAMSMAMI (original poster) at 2:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011