Do you depend heavily on the men in your life?

What I mean is, do you leave big desisions to your husband/dad/so, do you count on them to pump ur gas, depend on him for money, depend on them to fix things that break?

I do. I just realized today how much I count on my dad and husband to make the big desisions in life and do basic stuff like car maintinence and stuff.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 7:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i didnt know how much i depended on dh, till he got hurt and cant do anything anymore. since sept i have learned to do things i never thought i would!!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We depend on each other....I never pump my own gas, but he never makes himself a sandwich. I actually handle the bills, but I also handle most household chores, the cooking, shopping and the kids, etc. He earns the paycheck, maintains the cars, pumps the gas, does all of the home maintenance....I don't even change light bulbs I'm afraid. I think it really works out pretty much 50/50.

Definitely there are times when I'm doing more, and times when he's doing more, but it all tends to balance out eventually.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No I try and be included in everything I dont ever want him to feel like the relationship is one sidede
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I definitely depend on my dh for a lot of things, I don't work, but I'm going to school...some day I'll be the main bread-winner, woot woot! I can't fix stuff and he's really handy, he's the spiritual leader in our home, which is most important to us...but I usually pump my own gas.lol.

We discuss important decisions, but he has the finally say, that's what's right for us:-)
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 7:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• When it comes to the electronics around the house- YES! And then setting up the pool in the summer- doing the yard work & hanging the Christmas lights. Those are the major things that I'd be lost with if I didnt have my husb. (He also works a plunger like nobody's business!- damn low-flush toilets!-lol) He's so awesome! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I am a very independant woman. But I hate to be by myself. My husband handles the money and I handle the house. I like it 50/50.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 7:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• no man in my life, so i do myself
    would be nice to have a man around to exchange some chores
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i do everything around my house as if he's not there...I'll never depend on anyone. What happens if one day that persons not there?? I can fix anything, clean anything, lift anything and deal with whatever bugs may come my way...and I have a very well paying career degree to fall back on if need be. :) no NEED for anyone, but it's nice to have them around :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• no, its two sided. I will tell whatever needs to be fixed, but i expect them to take on what needs to be fixed. As far pumping gas, if its just me, then I will do it on my own, if a man is with me, then he will pump the gas. Money, I prefer to work. Unless I was in a marriage relationship and didn't work, well then that's another story.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 7:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I depend on my husband to pay all the bills in the house because I'm not working right now and I also depend on him for some other things too!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011