How can I get happy on the east coast or convince my spouse to move to the west?

I wrote this question in the parenting section by accident. I live on the cold east coast and hate it! My spouse likes it because of his job. I am a stay-at home mom of a beautiful 2year old. I love my spouse and our family, but I am unhappy living with snow and cold. I think life can be better in a different climate. Advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommywood632

Asked by mommywood632 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• HOw long have you been on the east? It isnt all that bad lol...It takes getting used to....I just HATE the snow..other then that i dont mind it...but would rather be home in California ANY time...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm from Los Angeles, and about 10 years ago, I decided I wanted to get out of the city. My husband said he was never leaving the beach. Well, I started researching small towns in the west, and finally narrowed it down to 3 town that had all of the things I thought we needed.....plenty of work for my husband, a college for our boys who were 10, 12 & 21 at that time, good schools, museums, shopping, good housing prices, a race track for my husband, and still a fairly small town. I showed my husband the information I'd found. He said...."Well, we're not moving, but we can take a vacation in Casper, Wyoming" so we did.....and then we all fell in love with it, and ended up moving there....so my suggestion is don't give up.

I will tell you that of course the winters were rough, and although we loved Wyoming, after 6 years we were homesick, and we are happily back home in Los Angeles!!!

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• YUK, I'll trade places with you anytime~ I HATE HATE HATE IT here and hate that there is no snow and its so damn hot!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I run http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Calif_Jobs (links section is best resource) and started it to get people talking and helping each other but get most people comming in and trying to spam trash... I added tons of links to companies and job seeking sites to help find employment
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm a Mainer, thru and thru. I love the weather most of the time, but the long winters can be tough. The trick is to find good people and places to have play dates with so you and your little one can interact with other people while Hubby is at work. If you're in Maine, PM me, maybe we can arrange something?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I am right there with you!!!
    I live in the Mid-west .. Central Michigan to be exact. I am as well a SAHM and don't drive. Therefore, I am unable to go anywhere until DH comes home. I can't take the kids out into this 16 degree weather, so we're stuck in the house. I absolutely hate the cold and snow, even though I've lived in Michigan most of my life. I would love nothing more then to live in a warmer climate, but DH doesn't want to. Conviencing him has been torture. So I know how you feel .. .I just hope one day I'll wear him down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thanks for all of the advice! Think playmates AND researching west coast towns are both really good ideas. Fr Bisketless: I am pretty far from Maine (NY), but thanks for the offer!!!
    mommywood632

Comment by mommywood632 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• im from the Caribbean originally and i live in NYC and i love it here the snow the people and the cold i love that cold dry air we get u just need friends to get your mind off of it good luck if u in NYC i would love to show u around there is always something new to do see and try
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Make the best of the situation. Only YOU can decide how happy you are. If you want to be happy with your husband and your daughter then you will find a way. I am from the EC and I moved from my home state (where its snowing and cold right now) to as far south as you can go in the us...mile 0. Its different, NOTHING like what I'm used to, but I'm going to make the best of it. Find things to do and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
    doodlepossum

Answer by doodlepossum at 10:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011