Do you compost over the winter?

If so, how is it different than the rest of the year? I haven't been because I wasn't sure how to go about it. Especially since you can't even find the pile when it snows.

mama3ks97

Asked by mama3ks97 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, sort of. We have a compost bin on the patio nearer the front door, so it's easily accessible in the early winter months. We will continue to dump stuff in there, but we don't turn the pile because we don't want it to cool off. Once it gets really cold, we stop filling the bin too, because just taking the lid off will be enough to cool the pile too much.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I live in Korea, they compost year round here. They have these composters you can put under your sink. It's better in the winter because it smells less.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 11:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No I dont. I just buy it. Tree companies sell it around here for around $120 a pick up load (big pick up),

Answer by gemgem at 7:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No I don't.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011