How many of you failed either of the glucose tests (1hr or 3hr)?

I just found out today that I failed the 3 hr one. How did you deal with it?

mmsfirstone

Asked by mmsfirstone at 7:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did every pregnancy. Finally for the 4th and 5th I just told them look I already know hows it gonna go so lets just not beat around the bush. I was nervous about it, the stuff makes me VIOLENTLY ill (not over stating this). The 3 hr I always ended up borderline, and so with 4th and 5th I just voluntarily pricked my finger and watched my diet.

Answer by gemgem at 7:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I failed my 1 hour, and passed my 3 hour but not by much. They considered me borderline diabetic, and the only things that happened was I gained more weight than necessary and dd was over 9lbs.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I failed my 1hr passed my 3hr but not by much. They too considered me borderline and I retained massive amounts of fluid at the end but my son was only 7lbs 2oz.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I failed the one hr but passed the 3 hr. My friend failed the 3 hr and they put her on a diet where she didn't eat as much sugar and carbs. She ended up only gaining 6 lbs. her whole pregnancy!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 8:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yikes! I feel so bad for anyone who has to take this test. The one hour one wasn't so bad. The 3 hr one was pushing it. My doc didn't tell me my exact numbers, just that I failed it. As of today my feet started to get puffy and it makes me nervous. I know that gestational diabetes is dangerous to the baby and causes them to gain more weight than normal. my little girl isn't so little right now...pushing 4 lbs at 32 weeks.

I was just curious to hear how others dealt with it. thanks
    mmsfirstone

Comment by mmsfirstone (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ugh, I'm so jealous. I wish that was all I've gained. my doc says I'm within normal limits. it's still too much for me tho. oh well. at least this is almost over.
    mmsfirstone

Comment by mmsfirstone (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011