What is you favorite way to fight dry hands?

I'm having a hard time keeping my hands from drying out this winter. Washing my hands and the dry air is really doing a number on them. What is your go-to way to keep your hands nice and moisturized?

I'm already using a moisturizing, non-antibacterial soap and some heavy-duty lotion in the morning after my shower. Thanks!

mama3ks97

Asked by mama3ks97 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It's not the most comfortable thing in the world to do but a trick that I found is to do some serious coating with lotion and then put on gloves.  It always seemed to make my hands softer.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Eucerin plus Intensive Repair -- mine get so red and chapped they sometimes crack in places. I found this and it is SO amazing...I normally put it on in the morning and when I go to bed. :)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 7:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i love aveeno's oat lotion stuff, it's the bomb!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm always washing dishes, the girls hair. My hands are forever in water, but using Vaseline cocoa butter petroleum jelly really works for me. Just a small dab will revive your hands.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Aveeno is good too.
    ambr2006

• I don't use soap, I use gentle cleansers, then lotion after washing.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I use Aveeno during the day and a little bit of vaseline at night. 

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you want cheap & effective, Crisco (or any plain vegetable shortening) slathered on your hands & cover with a cotton sock or cotton gloves (must be cotton b/c it breathes). Do this right before bed, then clean your hands off in the morning if needed and they will be soft.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i have been using jergens overnight repair lotion multiple times a day, after almost every time i wash them. i am almost ready to coat them in vaseline and put gloves on for an overnight.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 7:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• What kind of "gentle cleansers"?
    mama3ks97

Comment by mama3ks97 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011