how to rekindle romance in a longterm relationship

My husband and I have begun to feel alot more like roommates and friends than lovers and I was wondering what can be done to salvage our relationship before before it just dissolves into friendship and we move apart even further and eventually into seperate lives.

kehaar1971

Asked by kehaar1971 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Be spontaneous

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Plan a weekend get away. Buy a card..Hallmark has one that says anything you need. Let him know you want him, that you desire him. So many times years pass and we forget that our partner may not get told or shown how often we want them. If that is what you want..tell him. That alone can spark things up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We just went through this...I wanted to just punch him in the face! I'm sure he'd like to strangle me a little too. lol We got dressed up, went on a date to "our restaraunt", spent as long as we wanted instead of rushing as always, strictly inforced the "DO NOT EVEN MENTION KIDS!" rule and although it was a little hard to do we talked only about things that were about us or something neutral (we laughed several times cause we sat in silence sometimes) He opened the truck door for me, helped me out, pulled my chair out at dinner, and I got some sweet kisses when we got back in the truck to leave. We came home, pretty much just told the kids good night on our way to the bedroom and we snuggled up with each other like we used to and went to sleep. It has worked wonders....we've been married 11 years and have 3 kids. (17,14,13mo) Hope this helps. =)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 7:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have my 1 yr old spend the night at my parent house and my husband and I have a baby free night!!! It's great it only happen twice, but once ever 6months is really good. When we have a little more money we will hire a sitter and actually go out.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Wish I knew... I can be romantic, but it takes two. Do you and your husband both want more romance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2011