Do you come from a large or small extended family?

And do you like it or wish it were different?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• LAreg extended family & i dont like it I always feel awkward when we have our family reunion I find myself looking around like who the heck are you? And all these strangers come hugging you and it just weird i wish it was smaller
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sorry about the spelling large
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 7:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• A very big and loud Italian family...and I wouldn't have it any other way!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• im with rio burb on that one!! my family is the same way..
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i have four sisters and three brothers and there are 25 grandkids all together. not to mention i have a father i never met and his whole side of family, but i dont count them. dont care to.
    aromo61009

Answer by aromo61009 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• large. Hate it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Large. My mom was one of 11 kids so I have a ton of aunts, uncles and cousins and most of my cousins have a bunch of kids and some of them are grandparents already. I'm one of the youngest cousins. There's just my brother and 2 other cousins younger than me, I think. Some of my cousins were the same age as my mom and have kids that are older than me, lol.
    I LOVE it. We had a family reunion every year when I was a kid and they were so much fun. they stopped a few years ago because none of my cousins wanted to take over the hosting (I lived to far away to be able to do it). My kids have been to a few and it was always so much fun to see all my cousins' kids and mine.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Mine was smallish. Everyone else in my family lives across the country so we don't see them often. DH, however, has an ENORMOUS extended family and has 3 reunions a year. DH doesn't like to go to them, but I have a blast. We have been together for 10 years and people still haven't heard he got married and had a kid.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 12:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• small
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Mine is pretty big... well, I guess not BIG, but compared to my husband, who only knows his two sisters and their families and NO ONE else, I feel like I have a big family. My parents each had 2 siblings, one of my uncles and both my grandpas are gone now, but we do reunions every year and there are always people I barely know. I love having a big family, and I love that my aunts and uncles really value beng together so we get to see our relatives often.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2011