IF imitation is the sincerest form of flattery why is it so danggg annoying?

Cochise

Asked by Cochise at 7:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It's super annoying! It seems like every female I get to know starts acting/talking/writing like me and that shit pisses me off. People just don't know how to be themselves and have to practically become someone else to feel validated. Sad. I've dealt with that WAY too much.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think whoever said it's the sincerest form of flattery was lying, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't find it flattering to be immitated. Growing up my little sister loved everything I loved, liked everything I liked, enjoyed everything I enjoyed. I never once thought it was flattering or honoring that she mimiced my every move. I at one point stopped sharing what I liked and didn't like just so I could have something of my own for once. Even when it came to my passion she suddenly was passionate about it .. My other sister followed that suit as well. That to me is disheartening that I couldn't even have my own passion without a following. So yea .. In short (kind of) I really don't find it flattering in the least bit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I believe to be annoying.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Around here? Because it's creepy and bordering on psychotic?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Because it reminds me of my brother's when we were little saying everything I said, and doing everything I did... now when someone imitates me I just have horrible childhood flashbacks lol
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• lmao you all have great answers...and thank you for making me feel..NOT alone (:
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• lmfao
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• AJ It's super annoying! It seems like every female I get to know starts acting/talking/writing like me and that shit pisses me off. People just don't know how to be themselves and have to practically become someone else to feel validated. Sad. I've dealt with that WAY too much.
    YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD WITH THIS ANSWER !!!
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011