Have you ever been audited?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• We received a letter saying that we were going to be audited because of a mistake we had made concerning some stock that we sold. But we were able to correct the mistake and they didn't actually audit us. My husband's co-worker had his taxes done at H&R Block and they made the same mistake but the co-worker was audited and had to pay over $2,000 in fines. His advise is to do your own taxes if at all possible because even the "experts" don't know heat they're doing.
    Anonymous

• We were audited this past yr. It wasn't for much. We payed it and that was that.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 8:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Not yet, lol.  I have nothing to hide though so whatever, let them waste their time.  As much time of mine that's wasted waited for my tax check that they never seem to get into our bank account on time, to hell with them, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• *what they're doing.
    Geeze, sorry I can't type today!
    Anonymous

• knock on wood not yet
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• no
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Not yet, but I think we might. I don't know. i just have a bad feeling about something, and I think it is related to taxes.
    TheMusicWife09

Answer by TheMusicWife09 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011