HELP! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO HELP MY SS......

My ss is 7 and has recently started to act up everytime he loses a game or anything at all. But it is not just crying, he also gets mad at himself and cries as if someone just beat him...it is almost scarry. We have all tried to teach him that it is ok to lose, just try your best, but this is not working anymore. He doesnt smile anymore, he looks sad alot of times, and for everything he says, "I dont know." Recently we went roller skating and everyone begana pogo stick game. Well he lost and started to cry so hard, I decided to remove his skates and just go home. I really dont know what to do. Any sugggestions????
Anyone know how I can help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• hi i had kinda the same promb,last year with my 8 year old, has there been a change in the family? a step-father or mother or maybe a new lil sissy or bubby? this could be a cry for hey im here too. or somethin might have happend at school to where hes just pissed off all the time,taylor went through this for almost a year and she just now is commin out of it i know its hard hang in there
    gergoryfam03

Answer by gergoryfam03 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Counseling? He could be depressed. Is there something going on in his life that is making him upset?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don t think there are any recent changes except maybe mom having a boyfriend. Could that be it? We saw the change a couple of months ago and around that same time, my hubby ran into their mother and her BF ( who the kids didnt know existed). my 8year old ss accepts the fact that she has a bf but my ss refuses to believe it and says it isnt true. Could this be it? I dont think so...
    My husband tried talking to him alone and he asked him if he would like mom and dad to be together... but he said NO. He said he doesnt want me to go away. Besides, he was 6 months when my husband left, so he has no recollection of them together. It is almost as if the idea of them together is not the right thing....lolol...
    We also asked about school and he doesnt like his teacher because she is firm.. His brother had the same teacher and there were no problems..we think something is bothering him and we cant get it out & its hurting us & him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Tell him he can't play games if he can't lose gracefully. This usually works.
    MelissaCarole

Answer by MelissaCarole at 7:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011