Rubbing castor oil on your tummy to induce labor?? Any castor oil experiences??

I heard that if you rub castor oil on your tummy and blace a heating pad on it, or use a blowdryer on it it can help bring on labor, has anybody ever tried this?? And if so how long does it take to work?? And what about ingesting it oraly?? Please tell me your castrol oil experiences here, good or bad...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, many women put it on their belly--- leaving ingesting as a LAST resort.

We weigh our risks. If we are having complications and baby is safer out than inside, then we're up against a medical induction...
    There will be some things we might consider. CO should be dowwwwn the list~~

:-(

Remember to avoid unnecessary risks if you prefer the safest route, good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'm LMAO all rubbing it on your belly and then blow dryijng it will do is give you a sticky belly. Do NOT use a heating pad on a pregnant belly ever without expressed direction from a Dr. Many women have tried to drink castor oil to induce labor. It is dangerous and usually all it induces is diarrhea from hell with cramping. Walk, have sex, relax..it will happen.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Orally can cause diarrhea, which irritates the uterus, which can cause some contractions. It also causes dehydration and can make the baby have a bowel movement in utero. The baby can then 'inhale" the bm and will have to spend time on antibiotics and possibly in the NICU. Have not heard of using it topically, but NOTHING will start labor until your body is ready. If it works it is just a happy and sometimes UN-happy coincidence. Not worth the risk to mother or child.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was drinking a little bit of Castro oil then.took a bath and I went in labor it works for me and my sister
    ms.keisha17

Answer by ms.keisha17 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011