I never really believed Moms could lift cars, heavy items off until this.....

What a day! I had just put Alyssa who is 5 months down for nap and Patrick who is 2 was already taking his nap or so I thought. All is quiet in the house until I hear this loud crash and things breaking, etc and Patrick screaming coming from Patrick's room. I burst thru the door and see Patrick laying on the floor with his dresser on top of him!!!! I didn't even think twice I just threw the dresser ( a couple hundred pounds) off him and tended to him. I rushed him to the ER but everything turned out fine. My strong little boy didn't even get a scratch on him! Now me on the other hand, I am starting to feel the pain all over my body. I now believe that mothers can lift cars to save their kids. DH tried moving the dressor this evening and said that sucker is VERY heavy. At the time it felt like a feather. Needless to say we moved that dressor into his closet! It appears he was using the drawers as steps to get stuff out of the top drawer but did it quiet as a mouse. Anything like this happen to you guys? I am still pretty shaken up.

.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 8:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• yupp, it has something to do with adrenaline
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Our bodies are AMAZING! Adrenaline is a powerful thing.

Glad to hear your LO is okay. I have a little Patrick too :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Never had to deal with anything like that (thank God), but my daughter was using the drawers as steps too, all I did was got some child-safety things for cabinets and put them inside the drawers.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 9:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The other safety measure you can take is to attach the dresser to the wall so no matter how much pulling a LO does to it, it won't tip over. Glad Patrick's ok..I remember a dresser falling on top of my little sister when we were little..it was very scary.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son used to do the same thing....but that never happened to me.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thanks charliebean. never thought of doing that. the dresser is very stable with drawers closed and without the weight of a little person standing in them. i wonder if they would work on a dresser made outta wood tho? where can i buy them?
    anxious1stimer

Comment by anxious1stimer (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i have the shelfs and dresser's tetherd to the wall so she cant tip them when she tries to climb. her climbing is starting to decrease thank goodness.
    blessedwkrysta

Answer by blessedwkrysta at 12:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011