cramping 4 weeks after i had the baby but the cramping feel like contractions...

aboocher09

Asked by aboocher09 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• You are probably getting your period. The first few periods after I had my babies were hard and the cramps were worse than normal.

If you start bleeding through a heavy duty pad in one hour or passing large clots, call the doctor. Otherwise you are probably fine.

Congratulations on your new LO.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree, mine were really bad at first.  I'm sorry, I know that it sucks!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Are you breastfeeding? After I had my girls for about 5 weeks I would contract everytime I breastfed. It was so bad I felt like I was in labor again and actually had to breath through them while crying. It is just your uterus going back down to size. It's a lovely thing that your body does naturally. Sorry your going through it, I feel your pain.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It could be contractions, my doctor told me it was normal (just had the baby 4 days ago). He said they could go on for weeks and that they help the uterus return to its original size.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011