I have a question about school!

Okay so talk to me like I am a complete idiot on this one!  My 5 year old starts kindergarten this year and I am totally lost.  Do they start in August?  How will I know what day to enroll him?  How do you find out what school they go to?  HELP! 

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in

• you should call your local school board/administration office, or a nearby elementary school. either will tell you the info you need to know. some schools start enrolling K right after spring break, while some wait until the month school begins.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Call a school near you and ask when Kindergarten Round Up is. Start dates depend on where you live.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Go to the school district web site and it should have the info you need and then you can go to the website for your neighborhood school.
    Ask your neighbors also and they will be able to answer your questions.
    Ask what skills they expect children to have entering K.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Right on!  Okay, so phone call will be made tomorrow!  Tell me everything about school, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011