Mamas tell me about starting your kids in school!

Any tips?  Do you only buy what is on the supply list or do you get other stuff also?  What are good things to know?  Gimme your school secrets, lol.  I have a 5 year old starting school this year and I am so so lost!

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in

• i only buy what is on the supply list, which you will receive at enrollment. most teachers are specific about which brands/what kind of everything on the list. its best to adhere to the list, to avoid having to rebuy a different item.
    any extras you buy, like things they use often in the classroom (wipes, sanitizers, tissues) is always welcomed by the teacher, as they will run out before the school year ends.
    if you are a SAHM, make sure you tell your child's teacher/principal..they love it when parents volunteer! even if its not in your child's classroom, there is a need for a volunteer somewhere in the school.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I do buy whats on the supply lists and usually extra, The extra stays in a drawer at home for when the kids come home and say I am out of whatever since they always wait until they are really out!

Other then that no tips really sorry.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ohhhhhhh, that's an awesome one! 

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

Next question in
possible to go back to school?

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
protective 2 year old