Alien object?

My baby looks at a sippy cup like its either an alien or a rattle- how do I get her to actually use it other than put it to her mouth and coerce her to suck from it.

Should I put formula in it? She's 8 months btw..

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 2:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My twins have done the same thing. They will chew on the spout. I took out the soft plastic piece that keeps liquid from coming out. I would help them to drink a little like that until they got the association with the cup and juice. Then I put the piece back in. It took quite a few tries, but my girl has it mastered now. Still working on my boy, but he has feeding issues so it's a little tougher for him.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Juice, it's sweet and she'll love it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Maybe try a different style of one.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• You should try the AVENT sippy cup..Its kinda like a bottle i have one for my baby and she is 6 months..It comes in handy alot she likes juice in it and i know its bad but i will sometimes put a tiny bit sprite in it good luck
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• you probaly just should wait a bit longer to introduce her to it..she will take it when shes ready :)
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• my son, will be 9 mos in 5 days: HATES his sippy cups. so i gave them up for now. i'll try again later on. i do not plan on pulling him off the bottle by one yrs old, so I am not rushing anything
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 2:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2008