If you won a multimillion dollar lottery prize how would you spend the money?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 9:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• #1- Pay off my parents morgage. They've done a lot for us over the years and they deserve a break from an 1800 dollar a month morgage payment.
    #2- Purchase new cars for both myself and my husband. Our are both worn out.
    #3- Purchase a home big enough for our current children, the future children I will birth and the children we plan to adopt someday
    #4-Donate money to breast cancer research
    #5-Start a charity for children who age out of the foster care system

And the rest I would put in savings to collect interest and then use the interest to invest in rental properties to use as a source of income for our future and our children's future.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Buy a house, a car, & college funds for my children
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 9:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'd pay off my student loans, fund my masters degree, buy both SO and I new cars, update/remodel our house, then sell and buy a bigger house in an area I actually want to live in, give back to all my family who's supported me financially through school, take me SO and DS on vacation and create college/savings accounts for my children... And probably buy myself a new laptop since I recently dropped mine and it no longer plays dvd's...oops
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Hmm. I'd start with buying a house (we rent). Then definitely pay off student loans and do college funds for the kids... Maybe even houses for the kids (the eldest has moved out of home now to go to uni). Then take a holiday in the Solomon Islands with all the kids. A long holiday.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• pay off my morgage and all my bills, finish remodeling my house, buy a new car, buy a whole new wardrobe for my whole family, and new furniture. then put it away in an interest bearing savings account and forget it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011