Bulimic or Pregnant?

This is long so I apologize:

So the past few weeks I've been dieting and attempting to lose weight by working out hardcore and I have seen great results so far. I am very proud and very excited by all the progress I've made. I look wonderful and feel energized.

My issue is that starting Saturday I went off track a little and had food that I shouldn't have had (fast food). When I got home I ended up feeling sick and vomited it all back up. Then the same thing happened on Sunday around the same time (evening). Then on Monday I felt I had eaten a little to much and then later on that evening I vomited it all up again. Then again today.

My question is am I developing some sort of bulimia or could i be pregnant?

The reasons I think I may be starting to become bulimic are:
-I don't try to stop my self from vomiting or feeling sick. If my stomach feels a tiny bit yucky I go to the bathroom and vomit it up. I weigh myself in between vomiting and after. I don't like stuff anything down my throat to vomit though, I just I guess let it come up.

The reasons I am worried I might be pregnant are:
- My period is a few days late (although this could be due to the life style changes I've made in the past few weeks). My partner and I have made love using the withdrawl method around and during the time I was ovulating. I checked the babycenter.com due date calculator and it says (if I was pregnant) my most possible date of conception was a date I know for sure we made love. I am vomiting.

Any ideas or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• Have you taken a test?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It does not sound like bulimia. Bulimia is a psychological disorder, not normally characterized by such honest candour regarding the vomiting behaviour. It could be pregnancy, but could also just be your body's reaction to excessive food since your diet habits have changed. If the latter is true, it's nothing to be concerned about. Just make sure you drink some water after throwing up, so that the acid doesn't cause damage to the esophagus and mouth and teeth.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• pee on a stick... and you should probably look into a healthier way to loose weight. Loosing a lot quickly is as bad as being unhealthy, just with different effects. Also, vomiting is not the answer, even if you are pregnant, don't be so inclined to vomit. You ruin your teeth, can give yourself sore throats, and its not good for the baby for you to loose weight, you need to gain if that's the case. Lots of people have morning sickness, I myself had it rather terribly and still do on really random days, but I take preventative measures for it, I don't "encourage" by body per-say.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Take the test I am not a professional but it sounds like you could be . GOOD LUCK!
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011