I'm getting my tonsils out tomorrow, what are the best things to eat? Also, what are the most comfortable things to eat?

jen_park

Asked by jen_park at 6:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• well we all know ice cream is the best thing to eat, lol. but anything so would do, like soup (warm, not hot and steaming), pudding, yogurt, drink plenty of water.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• The nurses at the hospital will give you list of what they reccoment you do and dont eat. Cold things the first few days then warm things. Try applesauce, jello-water pudding, of course ice cream. Overcooked rice. cold scrambled eggs. Gatoraid. Like I said. The nurse will give you a list before you leave.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Soft foods would be great, but you'll get sick of the ice cream and popcicles and want something more substantial. Maybe you could try some oatmeal or make some mashed potatoes ahead of time. Something that will be a little more filling!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Jello
    cheshirecat2000

Answer by cheshirecat2000 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Applesauce was probably the thing my daughter ate the most of when she had her tonsils out at 16 Best wishes to you Ill pray for swift recovery
    NonnieD

Answer by NonnieD at 6:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008