Has you kid ever put something in their nose?

My almost 4 year old has had this really bad breath for the last few months and brushing his teeth didnt help. So we looked it up online and everything we read said to see a doctor. So today we saw a doctor and apparently he had stuck something up his nose and we didnt even know about it. And it was causing the bad smell...coming from his nose, not his mouth. He also would get a bloody nose sometimes. I just feel horrible!
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 9:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• When he was 3 years old, my youngest made a project in pre-k where they took pipe cleaners and beads and made them in to Indian corn. He came home from school that day and was sniffing and blowing his nose over and over. About 8 hours later, he blew his nose hard and let out this squeal of delight and showed me that he had blown out a bead that was up there. I was glad he was ok, but seriously, why would the school let 3 year olds make projects with beads?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yup,peppermint Tic Tac only because he sneezed and the way the human body is it went straight to his nose a got lodged for a bit.Luckily now we can laugh about it :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yup. Gummy bear.
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I've heard of it. A neighbour's friend stuck a small dried bean so far up his nose he had to get surgery to get it out. Luckily (for me) this happened when our first child was just a few months old, so we've been very very particular about watching out for such behaviour and teaching the kids that the only thing allowed up there is their finger, even then not in public and after doing that you wash your hands! LOL
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• when i was in day care this one boy stuck a bean up his nose and they had to take him to the ER... he was probably 7
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Luckily, my daughter has not but when my bff was 4 she stuck 26 red beans up her nose. They had to take them out one by one with forceps and tweezers
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yea a "SORRY" game piece
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yepper. Half a piece of a hard candy from those candy necklaces. Luckily he told me and was able to blow it out.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes, mine had to have surgery to remove steel wool,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

-----

Ouch!
    bjones2010

Answer by bjones2010 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2011