Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


I have a question hopefully someone can answer this. Someone I know just found out he has an arrest warrant from something that happened over 6 years ago. They told him he has a ticket and something about assault which he took anger management classes. So they told him he owes 700 in tickets and he has a 300 bail due. Im not sure why they say bail. If he shows up and pays the amount in full then shows up with the judge. Will he still be arrested?

This is all in the state of AZ.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (4)
  • They may do the process of arresting him, (example, finger printing, taking his picture, doing the paperwork, etc), but if he has the money then he shouldn't have to go to the back of the jail. He will just stay in the front until the paperwork is done and he is released which usually takes 2-6 hours depending on how busy they are.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 9:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • Wait, if this happened six years ago, I should think when he went to renew his driver's license or other state/federal level license, that the issuing agency would see that there is something in this person's history that needs to be "addressed?!" Or does this person live "off the grid?!"

    If this person took an anger management class, then I'm think he knows EXACTLY what these fines are in relation to!! I think this person needs to address THEIR issues, on their OWN!!

    Answer by LoriKeet at 9:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • I'm not sure if it's the same in all states but barring some city or county decision (overcrowding or amnesty etc) they will go through the motions even if they pay bail but they will be able to go home if they pay and come back for a court date.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • i would call the local bial bonds man... have them do search.... pay the fees to get a bond... then walk into the court house... with the bond papers... address how to correct this issue with the warrnt/ ticets.. and move forward with that! Good luck!!!

    Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.