is it better to sweat tons when you excersize???

my hubby told me to wear layers when I am excersizing to sweat more to lose weight faster. Does it really make u lose weight faster? or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My husband thinks that you have to sweat when exercising too. I don't think that's true. I think you just need to keep your heart rate up while exercising. Getting too hot during exercise is dangerous.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• PP is right, all you are doing is losing water weight, which will come right back on once you hydrate yourself.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's healthy to sweat...but your fat doesn't come out as sweat, it's basically water, which your body needs. And some people are sweaters and some aren't, but that doesn't mean those that sweat more are burning more calories
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• actually both pp's are incorrect. the warmer your body is, the more calories you burn. you should keep hydrating yourself during a workout but the sweat is not water weight
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• it will help you drop water weight faster, and yes, it will burn more calories as well... i would suggest, if you do this, that you ensure that you stay hydrated and don't over heat...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sweating will help you get rid of water weight. Sweating is also good for you but it is not a must to loose weight.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• momofone725, I'm sorry but we are not incorrect: Perspiration (sweating, transpiration, or diaphoresis) is the production of a fluid consisting primarily of water as well as various dissolved solids (chiefly chlorides), that is excreted by the sweat glands in the skin of mammals.[1]

And another article found online: Your body creates sweat to cool you off when your body temperature gets too high. How much you sweat has nothing to do with how many calories you burn. What matters is how long and how intensely you're working out. Any weight loss that you experience immediately after a workout is only water weight, and you'll gain it right back as soon as you rehydrate yourself. So don't worry about not sweating. If you go for a 30-minute run and you haven't sweat a drop, you still burned almost 300 calories.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• thank you for all your comments i didn't thank it made much of a difference either that's why I asked... i said wrestlers did that for weigh in.. lol i remember that from school....
    I already sweat like a hog when i work out lol I am up to a 5 mile mostly run some walk everyday :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Sweating is one of the ways the body rids itself of toxins, so it may be good for you, but other than dehydrating you, I don't know that excessive sweating will help you lose weight.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It doesn't matter really how much sweat because it's just water weight that you're losing in sweat. You'll gain most of it back as you replenish your body.
    marnejones22

Answer by marnejones22 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011