Ann Coulter

How can she make such good points on such distressing issues, yet still be hilarious?

I missed the middle section of Obama's State of the Union address when I took a break to read "War and Peace," but I gather he never got around to what I was hoping he'd say, which is: "What was I thinking?"

The national debt is $14 trillion, the Democrats won't stop spending, and President Nero gave us a long gaseous speech about his Stradivarius.

I feel so Southern whenever I watch a Democrat give a State of the Union address -- and not just because it makes me want to secede. Consternating the rest of the family, my Kentucky mother always talked back to the TV. I do it only when a Democrat is giving a speech.

And if liberals didn't like Samuel Alito mouthing the words "not true," they should be really happy I wasn't in the House chamber Tuesday night.

All I kept hearing was, "Ann pays more." That's all I ever I hear when Democrats start in with all that "investing."

Apparently the government will be "investing" in education, "investing" in technology, "investing" in roads and "investing" in lots and lots of government workers. Ann pays more, Ann pays more, Ann pays more.

Obama compared "investing" in education to our sending a man to the moon after the Russians launched Sputnik. Say, who was the president who recently gutted spending on NASA? Oh yes, that was Obama.

So he reminded us of the glory days of the space program, but now he's taking that money and funneling it to public school teachers. As the Democrats say: "If we can put a man on the moon, why can't we hire another 10,000 public school teachers?"

Also, solar panels. Obama said the government was already "investing" in solar panels! That's a total relief. This must be how the president who brought us "Recovery Summer" is going to dig us out of the second Great Depression.

But I do wonder why no private lender considered solar panels a wise investment, forcing solar panel manufacturers to turn to the government for loans, followed by endless tax credits just to break even.

I guess people who work for the government are just smarter. We're so lucky to have them "investing" our money for us! Boy, egg must be on Warren Buffett's face!

Remember how massive government "investments" gave rise to the telephone, the light bulb, the automobile, the airplane, the personal computer ... OK, none of those.

But massive government expenditures did give us Amtrak and the TSA!

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I love her humor!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• – collapse
    She's as useful as tits on a nun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• She's as useful as tits on a nun.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• LOL! I could just hear her!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• She's as useful as tits on a nun.

Why are you trying to use Nun's tits anyway, anon?
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• She's as useful as tits on a nun.

Strange!!!
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• She tells the truth and makes you laugh about it, even though you should be upset by it.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• She called someone a retard about a month ago, and not one conservie said a word

Selective outrage

She is a lying SOS media whore

But hey, maybe you people will nominate her as your queen

Or president in 2012....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I totally agree with sweet-a-kins.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think she's VERY FUNNY!
    Anonymous