IF Something Should Happen

There has been a lot of talk in different groups lately about people (KKK, White Suppremicists, etc) wanting to assinate President Elect Obama.
This has got me to thinking IF something SHOULD happen who would become president? Would it go to McCain (since he came in 2nd in the running) or would it go to Vice President Elect Biden?
Please know that I am in NO way agreeing or wishing that anything would happen to ANYBODY. Although I did not vote for him I am fine with giving him 4 years to see if he can screw it up anymore. I am just curious what would happen in this situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It depends on WHEN. There is a day in December (can't think exactly what day) where, if it happens before that time, the House will make a choice. If it were to happen AFTER that day, then it would go to Biden. At no point in time would it just automatically go to McCain.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It would go to Biden. That's how it goes, there's a whole line of people in line for the president if God forbid something should happen.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Don't take my word for fact, I'm halfway speaking out of my butt, LOL. I did, however, read that somewhere....
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• What she said. I have several smart ass answers to add, but am too scared they will be taken wrong. Is it 5pm yet?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It would go to Biden, but let's not think of that and keep positive.  While I didn't vote for Obama, I wish no harm on him or his family.  I want him to prove me wrong and push through more centrist ideals for this country. 

FIVE: It's always 5:00 somewhere... :::waiting for babysitter and eyeing bottle of wine that I am taking to a wine and whine party tonight....:::

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Holy Hell on a stick! I am coming to buy you a bottle of wine for saying that!

Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Thank you ALL for your help!
    Anonymous

• Someone missed 5th grade social studies class.
    Anonymous

• Was it me? Did you catch me, Mrs. Stehly? (SS teacher).
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Social studies was never my subject :/
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008