How can I get my child to eat more meat?

My daughter will eat chicken and veggies but she really won't touch beef or pork, and I really wish I knew what to do.

kiraray822

Asked by kiraray822 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• She can get all the nutrients she needs without meat. In fact, she may very well be BETTER off without the beef and pork. Meat-eating is linked to all kinds of lifestyle diseases. So go ahead and give her all the fruits, veggies, nuts, and grains she wants, and don't stress about the meant! :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• P.S. If you do some research on the internet, you will find that vegetarians live longer lives and incur fewer diseases. In fact, many high-performing athletes are vegetarian!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Give her nuts and beans as protein instead.
    Anonymous

• If I let DD help me cook whatever it is that she says she doesn't like, she is more inclined to eat it.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 10:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree she doesn't need meat why make her eat it?
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My daughter is fifteen, and has never eaten dead animals. Why do you think that your child needs to?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you send me a message offlist, I will be happy to forward you information on raising healthy vegetarian kids, along with recipes that are healthy, tasty, simple, family and budget friendly.

Let your child lead you down a path to better health!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My 3.5 yr old is the same way but she wont even touch chicken. She tells everyone that she hates meat. I monitor her foods closely. Greek Yogurt with fresh berries every morning for breakfast (great protein)...quiona at lunch or for snack each day. I no longer eat red meat myself anymore. I do occasionally make turkey tacos and she will eat them with tons of radishes and bell peppers on it. Good luck to ya.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011