Will I miscarry?

Hi ladies,I am driving myself crazy with this pregnancy.I hace type 1 diabetes,hypothyroidisim and I am going to be 38 next week.I am 6 weeks 5 days pregnant.I have been to the doctor,admitted,changed insulin regime,but my hcg levels are not doubling.My u/s shows the yolk sac low in my uterus but the heartbeat is where it is supposed to be,120 at 5 week 5 day u/s.Should I be concerned about a miscarriage?One doctoer says that he didn't see any indication and my oggyn said she is a little concerned so has me scheduled for 7 week u/s.Any answers will help.

harvestprincess

Asked by harvestprincess at 10:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No you should NOT be concerned about a miscarriage, mostly because being concerned about a miscarriage is going to lead you to more trouble than it's worth. 1) Your worry affects your baby and your overall health. 2) the more worried you are, the more likely you are to get unnecessary interventions, like ultrasounds 2 weeks apart, for example. There's not reason for that! As long as they hear the babies heart beat, which they can do with a doppler, there's no reason to do an ultrasound 2 weeks after you've had one! One test often encouraged for older moms is the AFP and amniocentisis, which carries it's own risk of miscarriage. Do some research before you agree to it!
    4) Finally, even with your health conditions, don't underestimate what the female body is capable of!!!!!!!!! Relax, mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• At this point you are so early on in the pregnancy I would try not to worry and wait for the next ultrasound.....I would also see an endocrinologist if you aren't already for the close monitoring of the diabetes during pregnancy. I'm a type 2 but I would see the endo at least once a month during each of my pregnancies
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i dont think anyone can really answer that question. miscarriage can happen to ever the most perfect pregnancy. it happend to me. i have 3 beautiful children, still think about my loss. i hope you the best and i think you should take it easy and rest as much as you can:) GOOD LUCK!!
    cl1998

Answer by cl1998 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure. Some women can be high risk and go on to have healthy babies. Some women have great hcg levels and normal u/s's and go on to miscarry. There's no way to accurately predict it. The fact that you saw a heartbeat in the normal range is a good sign. I've always been told that seeing a heartbeat is a better indicator of viability than hcg levels, because after a certain point hcg is high enough that it won't necessarily double anymore. I've regularly had beta hcg tests because of a history of bleeding in early pregnancy and I know after the point where a h/b could be seen my doctor did not run betas anymore. Sending 'sticky baby vibes' your way!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• prayers try to be calm
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I believe that pregnancy (and miscarriage) rides in God's hands. Try not to worry yourself or stress over it too much, but rather enjoy this beautiful life that lies within you. For the Hcg levels, I believe that they can give you supplements if they believe you are at high risk. But no one, not even Dr.s understand why miscarriage happens, and it cannot be 100% avoided. But stress will definatly not help the situation. I know it's hard, but just try to consume yourself with the joy a pregnancy brings, and keep in close contact with your medical team
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 10:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011