Is this normal?

I noticed my baby has a gap in his gums right in the middle were his two front teeth would grow in is this normal or will he have a gap between his 2 front teeth does anyone no? I forgot to ask the doctor at his first dr appointment

MasonsMommy1229

Asked by MasonsMommy1229 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep thats normal, they all pretty much have that little gap until teeth start coming in and pushing each other into proper place
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thats normal. my daughter had that also and i thought shed have a gap ( they run in my family) but she doesnt have one. her teeth are nice and straight for now.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• lol whew it scared me because i actually never thought anything of it until my dh said something so i asked my mom and she was like i dont remeber you or your brother having that but im glad to no its normal
    MasonsMommy1229

Comment by MasonsMommy1229 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Baby teeth should have gaps ... otherwise the permanent ones will grow in crooked b/c they are crammed.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• my dr. told me that they're baby teeth will move up untill they are 3 years old, in other words they wont be in there 'permanent' place untill 3
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 9:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011